With the awareness of responsibility as a being the first Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Turkey, we consider the principles of transparency, confidentiality and accountability within the framework of ethical rules in the whole process of national and international dissemination of knowledge. We also aim to continuously improve all processes in an efficient and competitive structure with a quality-oriented approach.
We expect all authors/reviewers to read and understand our ethics policy before submitting/evaluating a manuscript. The chief goal of our policy is to provide advice for the ethical responsibilities to authors, editors and reviewers.
Veterinary Journal of Ankara University follows the European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity(1). The authors are expected to fulfil the criterias proposed by McNutt et al.,(2018) (2). The editorial and publication processes of the journal are managed according to the regulations by Council of Higher Education (Turkey) (3).
- Original research articles, reviews, case reports and short communications on all aspects of veterinary science, which had not been previously published elsewhere in whole or in part except abstract not exceeding 250 words, are published in the journal.
- All manuscripts are checking by plagiarism checker (iThenticate) and allowing for peer-review under 25% score after filtering the references.
- The manuscript copyright release form is signed by all authors.
- Veterinary Journal of Ankara University uses a double-blind review procedure, in which both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from each other throughout the process. The authors approve to submit their manuscript in compliance with the double-blind review policy.
- The authors are responsible for the article published in the journal.
- Studies comparing products with trade names are not the interest of this journal.
- Any materials or products used in the study should not include their trade names.
- Studies based on animal experiments should include an approval statement of the Ethical Committee in the materials and methods section.
Please take into consideration the recommendations for following ethical codes:
If you have any questions, please contact the relevant editorial office: Vfdergi@veterinary.ankara.edu.tr
1. ALLEA - All European Academies (2017): European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity, Revised Edition. Available at
2. McNutt, MK, Bradford, M, Drazen, JM, et al (2018): Transparency in authors’ contributions and responsibilities to promote integrity in scientific publication. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 115, 2557-2560.
3. YÖK - Yükseköğretim Kurulu (2018): Yükseköğretim Kurumları Bilimsel Araştırma ve Yayın Etiği Yönergesi. Available at